Basics of Logistics and Supply Chain
What will you learn from this amazing Logistics and Supply Chain course?
- You will get some important understanding about the duties that are fulfilled by the logistics and supply chain function when it comes to major activities and the ultimate goal.
- This course will allow you to learn about the techniques for developing, planning and applying the strategies of logistics and supply chain management that addresses external integration, international trade & operations, and capacity.
- After completing this Logistics and Supply Chain course, you will attain the capability to understand the major characteristics that are involved in different approaches for facilitating the location decisions that consist of costing and scoring models. Moreover, you will understand the techniques for using the tactical methodologies, such as JIT and MRP.
- You will become capable to figure out the perfect methods for improving transportation, purchasing, and procurement functions by getting complete information about the techniques for choosing modes of transport, integrating e-procurement, suppliers and resolving the complications in the operations of transport.
- You will get the complete understanding of the importance of roles played by the equipment, layout & operations, warehouse activities. With the help of this, you will become capable to control, calculate, and manage the inventory costs, lead times, quantities of economical orders, periodic review systems, lead times and levels of stock levels.
- You will also figure out the method for measuring and analyzing the supply chain performance and operations effectively so that the logistics can be improved and disruptions can be reduced. It will also reduce the further dangers and increases the resiliency of the market.
- You will get a complete understanding of the perfect practices to manage the returns and attain social, environmental and economic responsibility.
- In this course, you will get full information about the needed lean tools and techniques for improving the process of your business for realizing operational excellence and achieving customer delight.
The student should have some basic knowledge of the logistics and supply terminology and its operations.
Complete description about the Logistics and Supply Chain Course
The companies are working under a tremendous pressure on the present day’s competitive market for performing in a business culture that has slow growth rates, reduced capital, and increasing demands of the shareholders. That’s why it is very important for the companies to boost their power of its working capital by cutting the costs and expenses related to the Supply Chain Operations.
All the companies, no matter they are providing services or manufacturing products have a requirement of reliable material flow. There is an important role played by the Global Logistics Operations in the function of the commercial supply chain. In reality, it is mainly responsible for all characteristics of the material movement. Intelligent business managers and owners realize the power of isolated operation and the supply chain that fulfill an important position to link the external suppliers with the clients. If you want to see your company in an upper position that can be beneficial for a brilliant position, then it is very important for you to take some precautions for developing and applying an effective logistics strategy because it is part of your supply chain integration.
You should be aware of the fact that the Logistics and Supply Chain Management is one of the fastest moving industry whose main mission is to delight the customers and delight them. There is an important impact of the methods and management strategies adopted by the business on the customer service, costs and overall profitability of the company. It can range from the inventory control to the procurement of goods.
There is not even a single business that can work in isolations and recent developments in the way organizations operates in terms of exploiting worldwide markets, integration of the fresh technologies, and having communication with the clients that can make new demands to plan and control the material flow. This course is created in such a way that the business managers and owners present the view of supply chain management. It gives a brief introduction to the ideal ways to respond the demands by making improvements in areas, such as a warehouse, transportation, and capacity strategies.
After enrolling in this course, you will learn about all the important things that include all the things that you should be aware for successfully managing the forward, backward, and end to end the flow of materials and information around the network of the supply chain. All the concepts, applications, and tactics of different logistics tools and technologies will be examined in this course for showing off a bigger picture about the understanding that can extend beyond the internal operations.
After completing this Logistics and Supply Chain course, you will attain some valuable and practical skills through which you will be allowed to develop, apply and oversee the operations of a worldwide supply chain that include customers, suppliers, and distributors. You will understand the method to follow the best practices in a consistent manner. You will also know about the basic terminology that is utilized in the corporate communications after completing this course.
This course will show you how you approach for improving the position in the market can be improved through an effective flow of materials and goods from the supplier end. This process will transfer from businesses to the customer and then the cycle will be repeated.
Who is the target audience for this Logistics and Supply Chain course?
- This course is created for the starters and intermediate professionals or students in the field of logistics, supply chain and operations management who are looking to improve their knowledge about this object.
- The experienced professionals who want to have a quick refresher and check their knowledge about the logistics and supply chain management.
If you are looking to know more about our Live Virtual Training in this field, then please click on this link.
- Lectures 139
- Quizzes 16
- Duration 48 Hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 211
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self